Today I made some cookies with muesli and nuts adorned with pretty looking edible flowers.
During last year lockdown I got interested in growing different kinds of herbs and plants which has medicinal and culinary value. Some of the herbs I planted in the garden not only have medicinal qualities which I will talk about in subsequent blog posts but they also look stunning with colourful flowers and foliage. Some of the flowers are edible too! Lovely thing about all these plant are - they attract bees and other pollinators!
To decorate the cookies I used the flowers of Pineapple sage, Lavender, Calendula and Nasturtium from the garden. So when you bite into the cookie you get a hint of fruity pineapple and a refreshing floral burst from lavender and calendula petals.
* Muesli crunch cookies with edible flowers:
(To make 12 cookies)
Muesli with mixed nuts - 1 cup
Dry desiccated coconut flakes - 3/4 cups
All purpose wholemeal flour - 1 cup
Raw sugar - 1 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Butter - 1/2 cup
Honey - 1 tbsp
Edible flowers for decoration.
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together well in a bowl.
2. In a separate sauce pan melt the butter and honey. Once butter is fully melted, pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Make small rounds and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Decorate it with edible flowers by gently pressing the flowers/petals onto the cookies.
5. Bake the cookies in the oven at 150-175 degree Celsius until golden brown.
6. Once cooled down,store the cookies in an air tight container and consume within two weeks.