Face and Body:
- To make your face glow : Mix 2 tsp of Besan powder/green gram powder, curd and rose water and apply the paste to your face and leave it on for 30 minutes .Wash it off with warm water.
- To reduce scars on your face caused by pimples or acne : Make paste from Nutmeg by grinding it on a stone slab with rose water and dab it on the scar affected area of your face.
- To bleach your face naturally: Mix 2 tsp of honey with 2 tsp of lemon juice and massage your face and hand with the mixture.
- To make your eyebrows and eyelashes thicker and black – Apply castor oil everyday before going to bed and let it stay overnight.
- To remove the puffiness and redness from the eyes – Take 2 thin cucumber slices and leave it on your eyes for half and hour. If cucumber is not available, soak 2 cotton pads with rose water and leave it on your eyes.
- To make your lips stay pink, healthy and supple – Make juice from coriander leaves and mix it with almond paste and apply the paste on your lips and wash it off after half an hour.
- For quick body scrub : Fine salt or sugar mixed with olive oil and massage it to your skin – hands, feet , legs to remove dead skin.
- Face scrub: Grind oats, mix it with fine rice flour, make it into a paste with rose water and use it as a face scrub.
- For oily skin : Juice of tomato and lemon applied on your face will remove the excess oil on your face
- You can use milk as a natural cleanser to remove the dirt and grime off your face. Dab milk with a cotton wool and gently wipe your face in outward stroke.
- Rubbing red grapes juice regularly on your forehead will remove fine wrinkles.
- Do not shampoo your hair often as it removes natural oil from your hair. Use gentle and mild shampoo. Natural alternative to commercially available shampoo is hair rinse made out of soapnut or “pungangal” (http://corporate.greenandnutty.com.au/?q=node/65)
- To reduce the dandruff on your hair : soak 2 to 3 tablespoon of “Khus-Khus” (white poppy seed) for one hour and grind the mixture. Extract the milk from Khus-Khus and apply it on your hair scalp and let your scalp absorb the milk for 10-15 mins before rinsing your hair with mild and gentle shampoo. Do this regularly to keep dandruff at bay.
- To cool the scalp and conditioner for the hair: Soak 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds overnight in water and grind it to make a paste. Apply the paste after shampooing and apply it on the scalp and your hair. Leave it on for two to three minutes and rinse your hair for that soft and shiny look.
- If you have split end problem: Regularly massage your scalp and hair ends with warm olive oil and let it stay overnight before shampooing your hair in the morning.
Please share your natural quick and effective beauty tips in this post and I will be happy to include it with your name and publish it in this post.
Until then – Bye for now. With Love from PetalDew