On the request of a well-wisher, I am writing this post on foot care.
Our whole body stands on our feet. The average moderately active person takes about 7500 steps a day. Don’t we need to pay humble respect to our feet and pamper them with absolute care for the hard work it does? There are few simple steps that we can follow to keep our feet supple and healthy.
1. Wear comfortable footwear whenever you go out. My feet recently had a terrible experience facing constant soreness because I did not wear comfortable footwear . Make sure your feet and toes feel comfortable with the footwear you choose. Comfort comes before style (strictly no wearing high heels sandals when you face constant feet soreness).
2. EFM (Exfoliation – Foot soak – Moisturization):
Exfoliate your feet to remove dead cells and dirt. You can use fine sugar and fine salt with any carrier oil to exfoliate your feet gently. To the exfoliation mixture I prefer to add 1 to 2 drops of peppermint essential oil to relieve tension and soreness in the feet. Massage your feet gently with the exfoliation mixture for 5 minutes.
To make exfoliation mixture: 2 tbsp of fine sugar or fine sea salt, 1 tbsp of warm olive oil/coconut oil, 1 drop of Peppermint essential oil (Peppermint oil gives warmth to your feet) . Mix the given ingredients and scrub away the flaky skin.
- Foot soak: Fill a small tub with warm water and soak your foot for 10-15 minutes after exfoliation to provide warmth and suppleness to your feet. To the water, you can add powdered oats with lavender essential oil to have that extra special SPA experience.
- Moisturization: After foot soak, take 2 pieces of a ripe banana or ripe papaya or cut potato and rub the piece all over your feet, toes, heels and massage gently. Let your feet absorb the essence of the fruits for 10 minutes and wipe off the fruit remains by putting your feet back in the same water tub. Later pat your feet dry with a clean towel.
Follow the above “E-F-M” once in every two weeks or whenever you feel like doing. All it takes is 30 minutes to pamper your feet to glory
3. Follow a healthy diet rich in Magnesium, Omega 3. Eating fruits regularly in addition to above will keep your skin and feet healthy.
4. Cracks in the heel is a common problem. The way to reduce cracks in the feet is to keep the feet dry and dirt free. Whenever possible, use comfortable sandals when walking inside the home. Follow “E-F-M” method once a week and have magnesium rich food like green leafy vegetables, bananas, nuts and omega-3 rich foods like flax seed, fish oil tablets, walnuts.
Ladies – Get ready to show off your feet! Bye for now. With love from PetalDew.