Winter means creepy-crawly coming to your bedrooms, kitchen, living room etc. They need warmth so they take shelter in your house! The general dampness inside the house creates stale smell in the house. When the sun comes, keep your windows open to let natural air and sunlight come in to remove the damp smell. The best way to keep bugs at bay and keep your clothes smelling nice and mold free is to use Linen sachets / pot-pourri bags made with natural dry flower petals from the garden, spices from your kitchen pantry and essential oils.
Things you need:
- Organza bag
- Clove buds – 4
- Camphor tablet – 1 or 2 nos
- Eucalyptus essential oil – 3 drops
- Lavender essential oil – 4 drops
- Rose petals from your garden – Sun dried
- Lavender buds – Dried in the sun
- Rosemary sprigs – Dried in the sun
- Orange peel powder – Orange peel dried in the sun and powdered to fine powder
- Crush clove buds and camphor tablets in mortar and pestle to a coarse powder.
- Mix all the above dry natural ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the specified drops of essential oils and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Gently put the contents in a organza bag and squeeze the bag to let out the aroma from the bag.
You can make as many sachets you want to use it in different places.
You can use this natural linen sachet in your clothes drawer, kitchen pantry (to ward off ants and bugs) and also use it as pot-pouuri bag in your living room. The subtle aroma from the sachet will waft in your cupboards, drawers and in the living room. You can add the essential oils to the sachet if you feel you need stronger aroma and also once in a month add few drops of oil to top up the aroma in your sachet.
The above natural ingredients are not only known for their uplifting aromas, but also have antiviral, anti-fungal, deodorizing properties. It doesn’t cost you much or take more time to make this beautiful looking simple linen sachet to keep your rooms and cupboards aromatic and creepy-crawly free :).
Bye for now. Until then PetalDew signing off with love from Nature.- See more at: http://petaldew.com.au/natural-linen-sachet/#sthash.LPF7Q8mJ.dpuf