Healthy and supple skin is a gift from Nature. When we are born, we are blessed with healthy and supple skin. It is important to preserve that healthy skin naturally as possible. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our appearance, some ways ended up being harmful to us and the Environment.
We don’t realize that everyday our skin is absorbing harmful chemicals from Shampoos, Skin lotion, skin cream, Hair spray, Lipsticks, Mascara, Soaps, Hand wash gel, Lip Balms, Talc, Perfume, eye shadows etc. For how long can our skin absorb the harmful toxins from cosmetics? Does human body have capacity to process the harmful chemicals that enters our skin?
Many so-called natural skin “care” products have labels with long lists of chemical names, some followed by the phrase “derived from …” (some natural substance). This is grossly misleading for consumers who are looking for genuine safe skin care products.
When we buy “Branded” cosmetics – Do we really look into the ingredients that is used for making the product even though it says “Pure” and “Natural”. Is it 100% natural? Does the product have any secret ingredients to increase its shelf life? While we may think ourselves more technologically advanced, the fact remains that many beauty products still contain ingredients that serve as toxins for both humans and the environment. Some of the common harmful ingredients we may find in cosmetics at our home includes –
– Parfum aka fragrance
– Propylene Glycol: PEG, PGG
– Formaldehyde: formaldehyde, formalin, formic aldehyde, oxomethane, oxymethylene
– Hydroquinone: 1,4-Benzenediol, 1,4-Dihydroxybenzene, P-Dioxybenzene, 4-Hydroxyphenol, P-Hydroxyphenol,1,4Benzenediol
– Petrolatum/Petroleum: petrolatum, petroleum jelly, trioxaundecanedioi acid, toluene, 4-amino-2-hydroxytuolene, BHA
– Mercury: mercurous chloride, thimerosal
– Mineral oil: liquidum paraffinum, paraffin oil, paraffin wax.
– Colorants/Synthetic colors: D&C, FD&C
– Sodium Lauryl Sulfate/Sodium Laureth Sulfate: Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate, Anhydrous Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irium, SLS, SLES, MSDS, ALES, ALS [Source: Best In Beauty]
Please see the below link for more explanation on some of the harmful chemicals contained in cosmetics products.
When shopping for cosmetics, please use the below shopper’s guide which can be printed and kept in your wallet. It tells you what harmful ingredients to look out for in cosmetics –
Look for natural alternatives when trying to buying cosmetics. While various government are trying to regulate the beauty manufacturers in using harmful ingredients, there are many companies who offers non-toxic and natural beauty products and skin care. Organic companies also offer toxic-free cosmetics. Go for products that uses natural ingredients like pure essential oils from plants, flowers,natural additives, herbs and natural preservatives.
Humans have been literally killing themselves for beauty ever since they first saw their reflection. However, the more we poison ourselves with synthetic and chemical ingredients cosmetic products, the more we also poison the Environment. The cost of beauty may eventually cost us our planet. With so many NON-TOXIC alternatives, there is no reason why we can’t look good, be healthy, happy and help Mother Earth.
Our Health – Our Decision!- See more at: http://petaldew.com.au/beauty-at-what-cost/#sthash.2K2uki99.dpuf